Food deliveries, packed meals, foodbanks and food parcels
Last updated 3 February 2023
Student Volunteer Army Grocery Delivery Service
Do you need additional help with grocery delivery? The SVA Grocery Delivery Service in partnership with New World can help you get grocery supplies.
You can order online or via 0800 005 902 using a debit or credit card. A screened and vetted volunteer collects the items from the supermarket and will deliver them to your door. SVA then charges the pre-authorised credit card with the exact amount spent at the supermarket following delivery. There is a $6 delivery fee.
Head to www.shop.sva.org.nz to shop, call them on 0800 005 902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Countdown provides a priority online shopping and delivery link for people who are vulnerable or elderly.
Register for priority assistance using this link
PaknSave and New World
Contactless delivery and Click & Collect options are available. They claim to have Click & Collect hygiene protocol.
(Compilation courtesy of Blind and Low Vision)
Eat my lunch
Eat My Lunch can deliver essential boxes which includes eggs, milk, butter, tea, fresh bread, bacon, tuna, sliced meat, seasonal fruit & veg, baked beans, soup, rolled oat, and hot cross buns – items may vary due to supply. This can be delivered in 48 hours and is an option for customers in Auckland and Wellington. Call them on 09 886 4644 or email email@example.com.
Foodbox is offering food boxes from $95. Find out more on their website.
The Meat Box
The Meat Box can deliver their butchery products New Zealand wide. Find out more on their website.
There are a number of other butchers offering meat delivery services nationwide, a quick google search will help to identify one close to you.
JUK Jess’ Underground Kitchen
Jess’ Underground Kitchen is offering care packages from $72 (not including delivery) for four single serve meals. They can do next day delivery – place order before midnight, meals delivered between 8am – 5.30pm. Find out more on their website.
Produce Pronto is providing home delivery of fruit, veges, bread, eggs and milk to Auckland homes during the lockdown. Find out more on their website.
Foodbanks and food parcels
Paerangi is an online directory of supports and services available for Maori communities in Tamaki Makarau in the COVID-19 environment. They also have a long list of foodbanks throughout Auckland.
- For Pasifika families in Central Auckland
- Call 0800 0233476 to register details, so a food parcel can be prepared safely for you
- Or send your mobile details to be called back on firstname.lastname@example.org
Auckland City Mission Foodbank (for food parcels)
- 09 303 9266
- Please speak to the Crisis Care team
- You will be given a time to collect from the ACM distribution centre at 15 Auburn Street, off Boston Road in Grafton
- Please bring ID
Auckland Emergency Management
- This service is intended for people and whānau who don’t have any other options available to them
- 0800 22 22 96
- 64 Waipani Road, Te Atatu Peninsula, Auckland 0610
- 09 834 6480
- For Pasifika families in West Auckland
- Call 021956633, 0800 366 648
- Email email@example.com
- Contact your local Gurudwaras for food parcels
- Visit Gurudwaras Auckland
Halal food support
- For halal food supplies, please contact WesleyTalaimanu firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0299093503
Hills Church (Hillsborough Road)
- Please provide details of your needs and they will do their best to provide a food parcel
- They can go shopping for those that cannot leave home due to self-isolation
Manukau Urban Māori Authority (MUMA)
- Catchment area is Mangere, Otahuhu, Otara, Papatoetoe and Manukau
- Please call the Food Bank on 0800 686 232 weekdays, between 9:30 am – 1:30 pm to book an appointment. The Foodbank is open weekdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Open on case by case basis
- Please fill out the link to apply for a food parcel
- They will organise to deliver food assistance to you directly Please do not go to the Marae- they will deliver assistance to you
Mt Eden Foodbank / Kindness Collective
- 5/4 Rocklands Avenue, Mount Eden
- Follow them on Facebook for updates
- Communities Feeding Community initiatives
- 1207 Dominion Road, Mount Roskill
Nga Whare Waatea Marae
- 09 297 2036
- 31 Calthorp Close, Mangere
- Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm
- You can go the Marae with your ID. Please wait in car and staff will get to each person one at a time, asking relevant questions as needed
- 09 521 5712
- Please leave a message on voicemail with your contact details, how many are in your family, and other things you'd like them to know before they make a delivery
- Parcels are only delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays to Orakei, Kohimarama and Mission Bay
Papakura Marae Foodbank
- 09 297 2036
- Please phone the Marae to request a food parcel
- Someone will then call you back to find out more about your essential needs
- Currently delivers to Papakura and Manurewa areas only
Presbyterian Support Northern Foodbank
- 09 309 2054
- Please call them first to arrange pick up at their office: 8 Madeira Lane, Grafton
- Strictly no walk-ins and collections are only between 11am-12pm, Mon – Fri
Salvation Army Mt Wellington – Food Parcels
- 09 379 7615 or for your local ministry 0800 53 0000
- Please call them first and then they will give you a time to collect your food parcel
Salvation Army Pukekohe - Food Parcels
- Call 09 238 5641 to verbally fill out a registration form and set a time to pick up food assistance
South Auckland Food Banks
- Email email@example.com
- Or visit their website for more information
- For Pasifika families in South Auckland
- Call 027 3030064 or 0800 31 13 31
- Or register online food support on their website
St Marks Church, Pakuranga
- For Pakuranga area only
- You can contact directly via the contact page on their website or by email
St Vincent De Paul in Newton Branch
- 09 815 6122
The Fono Feleoko Food Hub
- If you need food support for you and/or your aiga, please call the Food Hub on freephone 0800 FONO4U (0800 366 648).
Vision West, Waitakere
- Contact Brooke Turner on 027 808 5632 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For food parcel requests email Brooke the following info: Name, Address, Phone details, Email details
- Deliveries in the Waitakere area only
- Mon, Wed, Fri
- Please note: Due to health and safety reasons, Vision West will not deliver if the address has animals or is well known to Police. You may arrange pick up from Vision West instead