Food deliveries, packed meals and food parcels
We Care Kiwi
Carers NZ and IHC have launched wecare.kiwi to make it easy to care for and about each other. If you're on your own during the lockdown, or caring for a vulnerable person, you may need support.
Student Volunteer Army Grocery Delivery Service
Do you need additional help with grocery delivery? The SVA Grocery Delivery Service (in partnership with New World), enables people who can't get to the supermarket to get groceries.
You can order online or via 0800 005 902 using a debit or credit card. A screened and vetted volunteer collects the items from the supermarket and delivers them to the door. SVA then charges the pre-authorised credit card with the exact amount spent at the supermarket following delivery. There is a $6 delivery fee.
We’re listing Countdown first because they are the only large supermarket in NZ that provides a priority online shopping link for people who are vulnerable or elderly.
Click & collect is an available option. Our own research showed that their online shopping is experiencing high demand. Start shopping
Contactless delivery and Click & Collect options are available. They claim to have Click & Collect hygiene protocol. Their website states that they are experiencing high demand. Start shopping
(Compilation courtesy of Blind and Low Vision)
Eat my lunch
Eat My Lunch is now delivering care boxes to the elderly and vulnerable. The cost of essential groceries is $104.95 and includes donation of four lunches for Kiwi kids. Care box includes eggs, milk, butter, tea, fresh bread, bacon, tuna, sliced meat, seasonal fruit & veg, baked beans, soup, rolled oat, and hot cross buns – items may vary due to supply. This can be delivered in 48 hours and is an option for customers in Auckland and Wellington. Find out more on their website.
Foodbox is offering ‘Just Feed Me’ boxes – everything you need to eat for two people for one week – $148 or $98 for a vegetarian option. During this time, all their profits are going to charity and they are offering a 15% discount for frontline workers. Find out more on their website.
The Meat Box
The Meat Box can deliver their butchery products New Zealand wide. They are still operating during Covid-19 but are at maximum capacity so expect delays. Find out more on their website.
There are a number of other butchers offering meat delivery services nationwide, a quick google search will help to identify one close to you.
The Brand Outlet
The Brand Outlet is also delievering food boxes in the North Island. Find out more on their website.
*Popular food delivery options such as My Food Bag and Hello Fresh are at maximum capacity at the time of writing.
JUK Jess’ Underground Kitchen
Jess’ Underground Kitchen is offering care packages from $72 for four single serve meals. They can do next day delivery – place order before midnight, meals delivered between 8am – 5.30pm. Find out more on their website.
Produce Pronto is providing home delivery of fruit, veges, bread, eggs and milk to Auckland homes during the lockdown. Find out more on their website.
Foodbanks and food parcels
Paerangi is an online directory of supports and services available for Maori communities in Tamaki Makarau in the COVID-19 environment. This also have a long list of foodbanks throughout Auckland.
Auckland City Mission Foodbank (for food parcels)
- 09 303 9266
- Please speak to the Crisis Care team
- You will be given a time to collect from the ACM distribution centre at 15 Auburn Street, off Boston Road in Grafton
- Please bring ID
Auckland Emergency Management
- This service is intended for people and whānauwho don’t have any other options available to them.
- 0800 22 22 96
Hills Church (Hillsborough Road)
- Please provide details of your needs and they will do their best to provide a food parcel
- They can go shopping for those that cannot leave home due to self-isolation
Ngapuhi ki Tamaki
- You can visit Ngapuhi ki Tamaki Facebook page for information about their care packs. For Kuia and Kaumatua (elderly) who are of Ngapuhi descent and live in Tamaki (the Auckland area), they have care packs; these are food and care packs delivered to doorsteps weekly
- They are asking that you send a referral form to request for care packs
Nga Whare Waatea Marae
- 09 297 2036
- 31 Calthorp Close, Mangere
- Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm
- You can go the Marae with your ID. Please wait in car and staff will get to each person one at a time, asking relevant questions as needed
- 09 521 5712
- Please leave a message on voicemail with your contact details, how many are in your family, and other things you'd like them to know before they make a delivery
- Parcels are only delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays to Orakei, Kohimarama and Mission Bay
Papakura Marae Foodbank
- 09 297 2036
- Please phone the Marae to request a food parcel
- Someone will then call you back to find out more about your essential needs
- Currently delivers to Papakura and Manurewa areas only
Presbyterian Support Northern Foodbank
- 09 309 2054
- Please call them first to arrange pick up at their office: 8 Madeira Lane, Grafton
- Strictly no walk-ins and collections are only between 11am-12pm, Mon – Fri
Salvation Army Mt Wellington – Food Parcels
- 09 379 7615 or for your local ministry 0800 53 0000
- Please call them first and then they will give you a time to collect your food parcel
South Auckland Food Banks
St Marks Church, Pakuranga
- For Pakuranga area only
- You can contact directly via the contact page on their website or by email
St Vincent De Paul in Newton Branch
- 09 815 6122
Vision West, Waitakere
- Contact Brooke Turner on 027 808 5632 or email at email@example.com
- For food parcel requests email Brooke the following info: Name Address Phone details Email details
- Deliveries in the Waitakere area only
- Mon, Wed, Fri
- Please note: Due to health and safety reasons, Vision West will not deliver if the address has animals or is well known to Police. You may arrange pick up from Vision West instead